Thursday, June 01, 2006

Lowering Cholesterol Level

When you have reached that age when you can't throw caution to the wind and eat anything you like, you start looking for solutions to your very serious problem of having a high cholesterol level. When I say 'high cholesterol level problem' I mean having a Total Cholesterol level which is greater than 5.2, having an HDL level which is less than 1.5 and the LDL level being greater than 3.4.

Any doctor worth his salt will tell you these readings are not good and that they would belong to someone who doesn't exercise, who smokes heavily and drinks (alcohol) a lot. I do not fit into this description yet I have the same readings. Final conclusion, hereditary problem. Both my parents had suffered from 'stroke'. So what should I do? I tried drugs to solve the problem and ended up with more problems from the side effects.

Now it's back to basics. Control the type of food that goes into the body, which means reducing the intake of oily or fried food. Continue the exercise program and try not to get injured in the process and finally take the secret recipe for lowering the cholesterol level! What is the secret recipe? Very simple and very affordable.

1. 1-2 cap of Red Yeast Rice 3 times a day before food.
2. Squeeze half a lime into a glass and if half a lime doesn't produce enough juice, use the whole lime like I do. Add a pinch of salt to adjust the PH factor. Add 1 tablespoon (teaspoon if too sweet) of honey, add water, stir ('but not shaken'- for the Bond types) and throw down the hatch every morning on an empty stomach. This is what I am doing. Does it work? Ask me in 3 months' time when I go for my blood test. heh heh..

Cheers mate!

1 comment:

Siva said...

I have tried the drugs prescribed by my doctor. Gave me more problems than cures. This 'concoction' isn't harmful but it could help. The regular exercise is without a doubt a factor also. I hope it really helps but if it turns out to be 'Love Potion No. 9', you better not be standing nearby. Remember what happened to the cop at 'thirty fourth and nine'? hehehe