Wednesday, May 24, 2006

SUKMA

SUKMA short for 'Sukan Malaysia' (Malaysian Games) has kicked off as of today in my fair city. I will be posting pictures of the various events from time to time as this event will go on until the 4th of June. Below are some pics showing the torch run and the official lighting of the torch in Alor Star.

The torch being lit, to be sent to Alor Star, the main venue for the games.


The torch bearer with his 'body guards'!


The man standing beside the mascot(the 'eagle') is my friend.




The Lawn Bowling event has started. Below are two pics of the ladies in action.



1 comment:

Siva said...

Hi karthik,
My leg is getting better. Still playing tennis with a knee guard and running less.

Estee. I feel our problem is at the policy making level. They don't want to deal with the problem of poor management skills among certain favoured people. Any project or program is given to these people who want the glamour but really don't know how to do the job and these people appoint others like them so they won't look stupid. I think this country is going down the drain.