Thursday, January 05, 2006

Transition

Transition is defined as the act of passing from one state or place to the next. For the Christian our life here is a transitional state. We are actually on a journey to a better place. Transition is also defined as an event that results in a transformation. Exactly what we belive in. We will be transformed into a state where there is no pain, no suffering and no agony which are all associated with life here on earth.
Why am I writing about this. I just attended a wake last Tuesday. A good friend of mine (52yrs old) passed away. She died of cancer. Towards the end of her life she was in great pain as the cancer had gone to the bones. The pain killers were of no help. I believe she is now in a wonderful place where there is no pain or suffering. For those of us who believe there is life after death, this is what we believe in. We don't need proof, we only believe and have faith.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1
"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." Jhn 14:2-3
Death is inevitable. We do feel sad when someone close to us dies. We just take comfort that for them a new life has begun. Life goes on for the living. We need to prioritise and spend more time on the things that are important to us. As you can see I did not mention what the important things are as everyone has their own list of what is important. One man's meat is another man's poison. To each his own. Take care and God Bless.

No comments: