Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Trip To The Market

Wife wanted to eat 'jagung' today. She suggested I take a walk in the market instead of in the park. So off I drove to the local wet market. Had my breakfast of 'wan tan mee' first to build up the energy for the walk in the market.


Typical market scene with the stalls by the roadside. The wet stuff is displayed behind the front row stalls.

Looked around the stalls by the roadside and didn't find any 'jagung'. So, had to go in, jostling with the usual market crowd. Went one round and still didn't see anyone selling 'jagung'. Met an old colleague who was waiting faithfully for his wife who was busy with the buying somewhere inside the market area. Chatted with him for awhile about old times, our health and the current economic situation and then proceeded to look for my 'jagungs'. Went out to the road again and met up with my primary school teacher. He wanted to know if I worked for the police. I said no and asked him why. Someone had knocked into his car and rudely told him to contact the insurance company if he wanted compensation. He was pissed off with this man's behaviour. Another old friend who happened to be his classmate was there and he wondered if this could be one of the reasons people think Malaysians are rude as reported in the papers recently. I told him the survey was done in K.L. and that it was not a very accurate one. Anyway, I advised my ex-teacher to report the matter to the police.

After we parted, I remembered that my good friend who intoduced the 'Taiwan jagung' to my wife worked nearby the market. Decided to call her but the phone was off. So I walked to her clinic and peeped into her room to see if she was there.


ooooooopppppssss...wrong room..


No one was in the room. Only the empty dentist chair. Just not my day. Asked the nurse outside if the good doctor was on leave she said no. She said I was too early as work starts at 8.00am. The doctor will be coming soon. I couldn't wait for her so I went home without the 'jagungs'. Much later the good doctor phoned to enquire why I was looking for her and after listening to my story she told me she will buy the 'jagungs' for me tomorrow. Hurray for the good doctor!Problem solved.

1 comment:

Siva said...

Looks like not 'corny' enough la.. tomorrow morning going with KKL to look for some more. Those Taiwan types are soft, sweet and very nice to eat.